Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Genre Chooses the Writer, Harry

Okay. That might not be entirely true. But in my case, it is.

When I set out on this writing journey, I was sure I would find my niche primarily within the romance genre. Sure, I was going to write within the realm of fantasy, but it was going to be romantic fantasy. Imagine my surprise when that wasn't the case.



I certainly never expected to market myself as a horror author, which I now do. And granted, I am still writing fantasy. But it's dark, and the romances are highly secondary. So basically, speculative fiction grabbed me by the ass and made me its bitch.

(Oh, and by the way, most of my material contains adult content, as the above sentence probably indicates. You've been warned.)

This created a bit of a problem when it came to my marketing techniques. I had set up my blog, my Facebook page, my Twitter page, all to represent a different author than who I turned out to be. So now, everything's getting a bit of an upgrade. A few tweaks, a few changes, and some better insight to this fantastical genre of darkness I'm now exploring.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

Much love.


**I have imported all the posts from (An Up-and-Coming) Nerd's Words to be included here, for those readers who still may want access to them. Going forward, however, the feel and content of Shadowed Destiny will be heading in a more genre-specific direction.**


No comments:

Post a Comment